Start the application review process
  • 1 Tell us which type of application you need help with
  • 2 Make your payment and download the forms
  • 3 Fill in the forms and send them to us
  • 4 We’ll return the forms within 24 hours with our comments and advice
  • 5 We’ll send you information about a photographer in your area that specializes in taking Canadian passport photos
  • 6 You’ll courier your documents to Passport Canada

Documents Required For U.S. Residents Entering Canada

Posted Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

If you’ve Googled “Canadian Passport Support for U.S. Residents”, “Canadian Passport Help”, or “Canadian Passport Photo Help”, we can help you. Canada Passport Help are your personal Canada Passport Application specialists. We assist you with the Canadian passport application process by providing a custom assessment of your Canadian passport application, as well as your photos, prior to your submission into Passport Canada via post or courier. Our service is ideal for Canadian citizens living in the United States or abroad, and we pride ourselves on ensuring that your passport application is done right, the first time, and approved.

This is an answer to one of the most common questions we receive. What documents do I require if I am a U.S. resident coming into Canada?

When you enter Canada, you may be asked to present your passport and a valid visa (if you are arriving from a country from which one is required). If you’re a  U.S. citizen, you don’t need a passport to enter Canada; however, you should carry proof of your citizenship such as a birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, or a Certificate of Indian Status, as well as a photo ID. If you’re a permanent resident of the United States, you’ll need to present your green card/working visa. For further information about crossing into Canada from the United States, check out the Canada Border Services Agency “Managing Access To Canada” fact sheet.

Leave a Reply