Start the application review process
  • 1 Tell us which type of application you need help with
  • 2 Make your payment and download the forms
  • 3 Fill in the forms and send them to us
  • 4 We’ll return the forms within 24 hours with our comments and advice
  • 5 We’ll send you information about a photographer in your area that specializes in taking Canadian passport photos
  • 6 You’ll courier your documents to Passport Canada

Canadian Child Passport

Posted Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Canadian Child Passport Canadian child passports are items that require a little more attention than a standard passport, especially with photos. We wanted to shed some light on the requirements involved with a child’s passport, it’s importance when traveling abroad, and a checklist we hope you find useful as you anticipate your international travel.

As of June 2009 anyone who is a Canadian citizen residing in the U.S. needs a passport if they are re-entering the United States. Man, woman, or child, you need to have a valid Canadian passport, hence the importance with maintaining your child’s passport as much as your own if they are traveling with you. A child’s Canadian passport photos are generally under the same scrutiny as an adult’s are, and in most cases, they are more difficult to produce as a result of the nature of the candidate in front of the camera.

  • You must be one of the child’s parents, the custodial parent in cases of separation or divorce, or the legal guardian in order to apply for a passport for your child. If you are the custodial parent, you must provide a copy of your divorce decree and a statement from the judge certifying you are the custodial parent. In cases of joint custody, both parents must sign the application for the passport.
  • All children, including infants, have to have a passport to travel outside of Canada. Children under 3 years of age are issued passports valid for three years. Children aged 3 to 15 are issued a standard passport valid for five years, the same as an adult.
  • If you’re living outside of Canada, your child will also require a declaration of guarantor, much like an adult passport application.

One Response to “Canadian Child Passport”

  1. […] This post was Twitted by CANpassporthelp […]

Leave a Reply